BRIDLE YOUR TONGUE






Bridle Your Tongue
Psalms 39:1 - I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me

The bible says the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity that can defile the whole body (James 3:6). The bible also says the tongue is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison (James 3:8). A fool is known by a multitude of words (Eccl. 5:3). Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise; and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding (Prov. 17:28).

The bible says that by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned (Matt. 12:37). Brethren, with your mouth, you can put yourself in bondage unknowingly! Many people call their children “fools” and then wonder why they are not doing well in school! I’ve heard MANY people say they things like “with my luck, I probably won’t pass that exam”!!! Brethren, let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth but that which is edifying that it may minister grace unto the hearers (Eph. 4:29). I’ve also heard people say things like “I’m having a bad day”. Brethren, once you’ve confessed with your very own mouth that your day is bad, it has no choice but to obey you. The bible says that it is not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth (Matt. 15: 11). Brethren, what has been coming out of your mouth lately? Do not let frustration make you confess negative things. Choose to say things like “this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).

Brethren, let your words be seasoned with salt. You can ask God to set a watch before your mouth and keep the door of your lips:

Psalms 141:3 - Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak Blessing Over Your Family

Prayer points for divine favour